"ONE SIDED LOVE"
A tragedy by Squidonhead






Dont ever make a wish without thinking about it first, sigh.
Once I was a man and now I'm a decreped old doll of a woman- NOT EVEN A PRETTY DOLL!

It all started when a girl I knew from the office got assigned the cubicle next to mine. We would say hello and do things coworkers do like lend each other paper clips or some printer paper.

Aside from that we never spoke.

The problem was that I thought she was super cute. I would go home at night and dream of her. When i took my meals I would find myself wondering about what kinds of things she liked to eat. When I went to movies i would wonder what films she enjoyed...I had it bad.

Weeks went by and I found myself trying to come up with ways to engade her in conversation. Each time I would work up the nerve I'd make eye contact..and get all tounge tied. I was a wreck! My work began to suffer, I stopped sleeping and worst of all , I think she was starting to think I was really weird. A stalker level threat if you know what I mean. I suppose I couldnt blame her.

One night soon after I had come to my realization that she was scared of me a fateful thing happened.

I looked up at the sky on my walk home, and saw a beautiful shooting star. Without thinking I closed my eyes and wished that I could become what she wanted most.

I felt my entire body go electric. I stiffened up and was bolted into accelerated walking I couldnt cointrol. My feet moved fopward without my brain telling them to take steps. I walked for what must have been miles through neighborhoods I didnt know.

Eventually I came to a building I had never seen. As I past the row of trash cans alongside it my right hand reached out and grabbed a cardboard television box that had been discarded.

I walked up the steps and the front door miraculously unlocked and flew open. I entered and started up a fight of steps hearing the front door close and latch behind.

On the fouth floor I left the stairwell and walked to apartment 7C. Once again the door flew open and i was driven inside. The light snapped on and I could see I was standing in a feminine apartment. I could tell it was a womans place because it was decorated. A nice couch with matching end tables, Flowers displayed in Vases. That sort of thing.

The apartment door closed and locked itself and I was pushed on into a bedroom. Here I could see the Lacey bed covers, the open closet full of dresses, perfume bottles on the dresser top.

The electric feeling throughout my body intensified. I saw a white light surround me as well as my clothing melting away . The box i carried seemed to suddenly grow and exiend over and around my nakedness. It was freakin WEIRD!

All went dark and I couldnt feel my body any longer. I was thinking, but not feeling any physical sensation. I stayed in the dark like that for hours and hours. I thought I may be dead.

I eventually thought I may be insane, especially when I heard the muffled sound of her voice. It sounded like she was on the phone talking.."Well thanks sis! I cant wait to open it!" I heard her say. I heard ripping paper, and saw light again..and the face of my beloved coworker ..only ..she was now a giant!

"OH MY GOSH!" she screamed with deilght! A Junior Miss from 1964!

I had become what she most desired. Somehow that star's magic remaid me in the image of the doll she had been seeking to complete her collection. Indeed, seconds later she walked me into her den and I could see the dozens of other dolls I was destined to join in her pretty display case.

I'm not sure how her sister was involved, I gathered it was her sister who had dropped the birthday present in the bedroom hours before my wish . Some how the magic made her story and my being there all make sense.

Circumstance is odd. As her doll I'll be treasured by her for the rest of her life..sigh..I guess thats not so bad..is it?

No comments: